The 458th Engineer Battalion was constituted November 26, 1943 in the Army of the United States as the 1252nd Engineer Combat Battalion. The unit was activated December 30, 1943 at Camp Swift Texas and Inactivated December 10, 1945 at Camp Polk, Louisiana.
Further allotted to the Organized Reserves and Assigned to First Army, December 6, 1946.
The 1252nd Engineer Battalion was Activated December 17, 1946 with Headquarters at
Wilmington, Delaware. The Organized Reserves were re-designated March 25, 1948 as the Organized Reserve Corps and in 1952 as The Army Reserve. The 1252nd Engineer Battalion was re-designated as the 458th Engineer Combat Battalion on June 16, 1948 and relieved from assignment to the First Army and assigned to the Second Army on January 1, 1949.
World War II Campaigns: Rhineland, Ardennes,
Made this page together with WWII Veteran PFC. George R. Moore (3rd platoon, Co-A, 1252nd Engr. C. Bn., 3rd Army).